Monday 20 May 2013

A super boring post on my new make up storage!

I hate storage posts. But saying that my storage was rubbish. It was very much a case of ram mascaras in one make up bag, nails in another, false eyelashes in another.... Etc etc etc.

 

So last week I decided to branch out in Ikea as I had a space to fill on my desk. This is what happened:

 

This is what I picked up. I promptly decided it was dull and boring a deserved a bit of jazzing up. We ended up getting a tesco smart price mini roller set, and some bottles of kids paint and wrapping paper. The paint actually worked a lot better than initially expected!

This is what happened next:

 

And the finished project:

Apologies for the super close up but the lighting is making the rug look super duper manky.

 

There are a couple of drawers that need redoing because the paper doesn't sit right on them but other than that, I don't hate it!

 

Result.

 

12 comments:

  1. this is so lovely! you decorated it beautifully :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't boring, this looks really pretty! :) x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! I have these drawers at home but didn't want to use them cos they looked a bit boring- what a fab idea!

    Love Zoe x
    Http://www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have customised these! :) xo

    Lovely Jubbly Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I love your decoration! Polka dots and pastel colours go together well :)
    Kay.
    www.baninibeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, love it :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have I only just come across your blog?! This is amazing, so creative :) Lovely post x

    http://thebudgetbeautybuzz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you did well there! This is fun little project :)
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah this turned out so well!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win topshop, asos or space nk vouchers! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This turned out great!!! Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete