Sunday 24 February 2013

Debenham's Beauty Club Card.

This is not a positive post. This is a "what the noise is this" post.

Does anyone else have a Debenham's Beauty Club Card? I got given one about 4 or 5 years ago, by my mother after she acquired it while selecting some Benefit items I'd suggested for Christmas. Now, I'm not going to pretend otherwise, this card has been in my purse probably since I registered it, back on the same day it was given to me. I haven't used it, I have no points. I registered it 4 or 5 years ago, and haven't looked since.

Earlier on today, I was working my way through boring paperwork and things I had to do (which included requesting a new Waterstone's card, and registering a Holland and Barrett card, and a House of Fraser card) which jogged this card in my memory. Excited there may be some money to be saved that I was delightfully unaware of, I took it out of my purse and tried to log in. I only have two email addresses so that shouldn't have been a problem.

But did it want my email address? Did it bugger! It wanted a username! A username I'd created 4 or 5 bleedin' years ago!

When I couldn't provide a username I got given this message:


Call a number? Speak to an adviser? Answer security questions? For a points card? No, thanks.

I dont use this card enough to benefit from doing that... So I'm not going to, I'm going to file my card neatly in the rubbish bin (don't worry, there is literally not a single penny on there to be spent).

I think the message we all take away from this is that the Boots Advantage Card scheme rules, all other points card schemes drool. 

If you have any that you're impressed with, I'd love for you to recommend them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Miffy you seriously need this card in your life if you buy a lot of beauty products in Debenhams like me! I get a £5 reward that I've built up through points on my card each month without fail (down to my clearly embarrassing spending habits) - honestly it's much better than Boots! I never use my log in details though, perhaps you should get a brand new card which you can register straight away online then forget about :)

    ReplyDelete