Saturday 13 April 2013

Butter Me Up: Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream


Guys... I think I've uncovered my Holy Grail Lip Saviour.

Previously, the closest I'd come to loving a lip balm was Elizabeth Arden and her 8 Hour Cream. (Can we take a moment to discuss how that tube NEVER ends? Like, I swear I've had it for about 5 years now, and it's still going strong with no sign of cropping up in an Empties post any time soon. Does it go off?) I picked this up on a whim in Morrison's to quell the urge to spend after failing to find any good deals on any of the bizarre products they seem to stock there but nowhere else. 

And boy am I glad I did.

I feel like it actually does something. It leaves a lovely soft sheen on the lips that isn't greasy at all - and - when it's worn away or sunk it completely my lips are left actually feeling softer and more moisturised! Almost every lip product I've tried before this just seems to sit on my lips like a barrier, until I get bored of it and wipe it off, leaving my lips exactly as they were before I'd put it on. 


It's nothing special to look at, a mere cream coloured lip butter. The smell though, OH LORD THE SMELL. Never let it end. Initially you're hit with a really sweet burnt sugar smell, but as the day wears on it starts to fade and I find it starts to smell almost fruity!

I know there is an original one, a raspberry one, and another one I can't remember but I like this so much I genuinely don't want to try the other versions from the range. I'm scared of the formula varying slightly and ruining it for me!

Well done Nivea. My search is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment